Thursday, February 24, 2011

Right start, THEN Right track

I love starting the morning up (when I don't have clients so early) with a great workout, or walk outside when the weather permits.  I think that is such a great way to set the tone and energy for the day.  Lately I have began meditating and feel so different.  This morning just as I was in my meditation, something became very clear to me.  When starting with a workout, while it energizes me, my mindset, the underlying intention for my day has never been specific. I am sure many can relate to this, such leaves one be susceptible to the energies of our environments as we go on with our days.  However, when starting the day with the right intention, THEN follow with physical activity, you have just double dipped into the best of both worlds, and everything else that may comes your way IS more likely to be handled at a higher level. 


Start your day right, meditate.  Start slow, 3 minutes, add 2 minutes weekly, until you arrive to a comfortable length of time.  What works for me well is, sitting in my open concept living room on a great chocolate brown cushion, facing out the glass sliding doors, and setting my GYMboss timer (yes you may use it beyond the gym, and exercising):


That way, I CAN get lost in my breath, stay relaxed, and open for whatever may comes.


Namaste,
Monika





No comments: