Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Dear Mr. apple

Steve Jobs, or, Mr. apple, a pioneer of our time, a true visionary passed today.  Within minutes of the news, public pledges to remember this amazing man's legacy filled the twitter, Facebook, and other social media lines.  


Being as intuitive as I am, I was one of the people, who felt very sad, out of the blue, about five minutes before receiving the news.  I literally felt tears filling my eyes while driving, without explanation (I was grateful, that I was in the privacy of my own vehicle).  I thought I was just over tired, hence overly emotional, after a lengthy day.  Then a message appeared on my phone: #RIP Steve jobs.  I exclaimed in shock.  I felt the tears run down my face.  My throat was tight.  I felt the same sensation, when I learned of the death of Michael Jackson, two years ago.  I LOVE both of these men.  They were true heroes of our times, they created, and stood-for, and 'in,' their legacy.  I admired both--their heart, their passion, their fire--their unique expression of their deepest desires finding voice, made available for the world, to share-into.  


I remember when I was about 14 years old, and I got my first walkman and audio tapes of Michael Jackson.  I was on cloud nine.  From that moment on I only loved that man more by the day.  Same can be said, for, when I switched over to MAC, and I fell in love with everything technological from that point forward, not to mention the sense of possibilities available for us all--if we only believe in dreams.


The death of Mr. apple, to me, is not a call to remember of what was great, as a result of one man voicing his own 'yes,' who decided to live-out his own dream.  Rather, for me, this milestone in history, is the nudge, the call for greater awareness, to LIVE the appreciation of all forms of greatness, while it is alive, and present with-us, for-us, in the NOW, and carry THAT appreciation on, when the time comes for transferring over.  


Feel, and appreciate every moment of greatness in the present.  Be open and receiving of all the gifts life has to offer, deeper, fuller, and more open.  Use such loss, to commit to an even better life for you; higher choices, better habits, more refined life standards.  To release even more of the sorrow in our every day lives, the people, whose presence clouds the sunshine rays of the love that bursts from my ehart, and the same channel that is always open to receive the Universal magnificence.


Live in the now, acknowledging, celebrating greatness as we have it, when we have it, and carry the legacy of heroism in your heart, that, in turn would make way to your own. 


A hero is not somebody you follow. A true hero is somebody who, 
through her ideas and accomplishments, puts you in command of your own destiny. 
~Dr. M.J. Hurd


2 comments:

Burton said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts of this man. I appreciate your candor, your compassion, and your devotion. I commit to supporting you as you live your life of greatness to the best of your ability.

bigredwaiter said...

Well said Monika <3. I was at work and tears filled my eyes and had a frog in my throat.