Monday, November 02, 2009

My Mom [happy birthday]


Just how does she do it? This woman amazes me every time. She is like a rock, unbeatable, withstands everything every challenge, adversity, heartache, hard time – everything.

She always knows what to do, what to say; when to step in and put a stop on stupid moves I am about to make in my life, or when to silently let me go through lessons that HAVE to be learned.

Every time I feel like she cannot handle my seemingly childish dilemmas life poses, or I should be ashamed of my premises, she puts her motherly care in the driver's seat, and shows me the way, and gives me my strength back. When I get my heart broken, she will listen to me every night for hours if necessary, to let e understand my experience. And then eventually she puts the timer on and reminds me of my worth, and that which needs not be wasted any longer.

She reassures.
She reminds.
She shows me the way; every time.
She is my winning lottery ticket.
She is larger than life.
She is my life.
She gave me my life.

She is My Mom.

She has no Achilles heel. Or at least she makes it seem like there is no point to break her; except when she sees me broken. Then, like a being that is so much more than human – the greatest creation in existence – she appears.  She is like a Goddess that is stronger than Life itself, who, with the greatest tenderness and strength, once again, shows me the way, gives me my strength back. So that once again, I can set out to conquer my next mission and bring home the gold. It never fails.

Just last night I learned that there is nothing before her that I cannot bare; there is nothing before her that I have to be ashamed of. She gives me strength by being strong with me and for me. She reminded me of how much, since I was a little girl, every step of my life, I inspired her, reassured, and showed her, that she has been *right* all along to encourage, allow for, and push me through my experiences.

It is important to stop, not just pause, and let people know around us what they mean to us; especially when it is of our mom. I can't imagine life without her; I don't know how it would be to have to live without her. Someone who loves me to death, and every day I realize that I may never be able to show her how much she means to me.

We come across thousands of people, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, acquaintances in life. Some remain in our lives, others, merely pass us by. The one person we can be certain will never leave us, is our mom.

I can only wish that one day I would grow to become half as much of a woman, and mother, as she is.

My Inspiration.
My Rock.
My Mom.

I am SOOOO lucky to have you. I love you...

No comments: