Wednesday, October 14, 2009

L O V E - unconditional or not

I talked to a girlfriend today about the reasons behind actions.  I.e.why we do the things we do, so diligently, full of integrity, every day.   Why do we keep on doing the things we know WILL hurt those we love most.  Most importantly, WHILE, in turn the very things, that hurt us the most.


It came to me, that at the root of it all is self love, or lack thereof.  Not the cheesy fake love. But the real acceptance, of worth, of sense of self, of being, kind of love. Who sees only the good, and in turn helps the less-than-good find lesser ground, and eventually to be only matters of love.  It is possible, but it takes a lot of work, self-honesty, and integrity. Sickening integrity to be committed to life, love and the type of connections and behaviors, that honors our nature: GOoD.


Where do we start.  An honest look in the mirror [of our physical selves, and of our lives].   A quiet uninterrupted chance to face who we are, what we are made of, what we do, how we act, and why.  No explanations, no judgement, just a BEing there and observing it all; an awareness.



Little by little, we need to start celebrating and honoring ourselves, who and what we ARE.  The here and the NOW; the I don't know ... and so on.  Face it all, accept it all, own it all.  Get on the same side with it all, sit in the same car with it all.  Go for a ride, have fun with it all. BE it all.  It is scary sh*t, because this means, we have to FACE WHO AND WHAT WE ARE square on.  Honestly.  And truthfully - unconditionally accepting ourselves as whole. 


Here is something else.  I am not religious, but hear enough of the ' God loves all his sons/daughters the same unconditionally...he forgives them all, always.  Loves them no matter what."  I do not believe in loving someone unconditionally, that just doesn't make [proper] sense.  The only way real, proper love is possible unconditionally is for one-self.   So (this is what my point is), it all comes down to self love, which if we are very honest, most of us could use a few extra helpings of that. 


We need to learn to accept, like, and eventually, love ourselves.  LOVE OURSELVES UNCONDITIONALLY.   


I accept ____ (insert your name here).  
I like ____ (insert your name here).  
I love  ____ (insert your name here).
I am  ____ (insert your name here), I am WORTHY.


I.e. 
I accept myself. I like myself. I Love myself.  I am WORTHY.
I accept Monika. I like Monika. I Love Monika. I am Monika; I am WORTHY.


Accepting ourselves as is, like we would our own child - as she is so perfect; the representation, an extension of our higher self, our GOoD.   We adore, accept, (ok not always like), we love her; she is ever so worthy of the good things in life.  


She does mess up a lot ... smile., but she is still little so what, she has a lot to learn still.  She is so amazing, it is impossible to take your mind off of her.  Even though she learns every day and becomes more and more, she just as much continues to mess up - because she is human.   However, we would never abandon her because she keeps messing up.   She is not [defined by] her messing-up.  She is all that AND MORE.  She is perfect, with her imperfections.  She is so much amazing things at once.  Her little f*ck ups are actually quite charming and unique - it all makes up the perfection of her.  


The more she is loved, accepted, supported, nourished the stronger she becomes, and eventually she will be better as she goes, at the business of being her :)


You are your guardian and your own child at the same time. 




<3

No comments: