Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Feeding [my] addiction

I am always intrigued to stretch my mind and growth a little further, every chance I get.  Just as exercising the body keeps it fit, exercising the mind, through learning, reading, puzzles, board games etc, keeps us away from becoming mentally un-fit. One of my favourite ways to keep my views challenged, and my mind alert, is, through reading, or listening to great books.  I am addicted to audiobooks actually; and I am also a vivid collector of hard-copies of my favourite readables. 

It is not even the end of January, and I am on my 6th book, Unbearable Lightness by Portia De Rossi (see the links below for the hard-copy or audio versions).  It is a very interesting and raw biography, of Protia's releasing of her herself from her own prison. We all can take something very intimate from it; in how we view beauty, and people in this very much visually stimulated world.  Not to mention the insight we may gain, in how we look at ourselves, realisticly, or not.


             

Enjoy, I know I am.
xo
Monika

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading is very good. But, is it everything?

MK said...

Nothing is....it adds to the whole :)